• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M135 windshield removal

gmm keswick

Thanks Jim, just curious as to what part of the province you are in. If its close enough, we should hook up. We have access to some deuce parts too. Might be able to help each other out. If you get a chance to come to our museum..Georgina Military Museum , we'd be happy to show you around. We just took delivery of a c1, 105mm howitzer...it's friggin' cool ! Will look alot better driving down the road behind the deuce!

Rob

gmm keswick

Hey APM, I know exactly where Angus is..right on the road to Borden! The guy who did the windows is a volunteer at our museum. Does the work on his own time. He just did a great job refinishing an Iltis and M101 trailer. You could eat off it. If you need something done, I am sure I could put you guys in touch. And if you get a chance, swing across Lake Simcoe and come to the museum.
Georgina Military Museum

By the way, we are all volunteers. All our stuff is donated or loaned. The work we do is our own time and sweat, and often times our own money.

The way I figure it, in 1939 Canada went to war with a strictly volunteer army. Guys from different walks of life, who got together for a common goal. And we kicked ass. Our museum is the same way. I guess our government and DND see it the same way. They donated the C1, and an M113 APC. They want our history preserved.

Rob

Seatyger

Hi Rob,

I'm around the corner from the GTA heading West in Woodstock. About an hour and a half depending upon traffic, weather and Construction! Nice pieces you've assembled, a ton of work I imagine. It would seem Ontario has a couple out of the way military history treasure troves, definately going to put you on the list of Must See's.

I've just jumped into the procurement and refurbishing of M135's so I'm always looking to squirrel resources and contacts for parts and trucks etc. Oh, and people with practical knowledge of putting things 'Back together!'

Give me a shout any time your out this way.

Jim

cannonfodder

Hey guys if you get the chance stop by the museum May29th between 10 and 4 for our Military Vehicle Day. Free food if you bring a military vehicle, live music, Canadian soldiers, Vets, silent auction, lots of fun.
Oh those windsheilds were rough. I don't think there was much left of them by the time I got the glass out. They are not perfect but for us and for now they will do.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks