• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M139 Restoration Project

Dirt71

I'm new to this side, but thought I would post some pic's of my M139 1961 model that I started working on in November of 2006. These are pic's of the day I picked it up and as I started to tear it down.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, a real "frame up" restoration! Welcome to the site. Please show us more as you go.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't strip it down further than that! Never ceases to amaze me how big those bridge trucks are up close. Definately a head turner on the roads.

Dirt71

M139 Restoration Project: Here's more pic's

here is some more pic's as i'm going back together.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Holy moly!!!!

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

I can not wait to see the progress on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting and welcome to Steel Soldiers. I love the shot of it going down the interstate on the trailer.

jasonjc

RE: M139 Restoration Project: Here

Thats the only way to do it. If you have the time and room that is. It's looking great.

Dirt71

Yeh, you bet I'm going to drive it!!!!! That's the other half of the fun of doing it!!!!! I grew up helping my dad restore model-A's so i guess this stuff is in my blood!!!!!!

citizensoldier

Now that is a top notch operation you have going on. Yes yes,yes keep the photos coming.. Very nice work..
Can you drive that legally in FL ? Them suckers are a little on the wide side..

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Man you are doing beautiful work! What a nice shop.. even has an office.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: wow

Fabulous work! Oh to have a bridge truck. I see a no expense spared resto going on there. Look at all those new 1400x20 tires. Are you putting the 6602 back in for motive power?

OSO

RE: wow

NICE JOB THAT TAKES A LOT OF PATIENCE TO DO ALL OF THAT !!! What color paint did you use ? I would like to do mine like that . I don't think the wife would hold still for that. Keep up the posts ,and make us all envious of your hard labor. [thumbzup] OSO and my M139 {not even close to yours!} aua

Dirt71

Yes I'm putting the R6602 back in. I started to put a multi-fuel in but decided to keep the truck original. I have a fresh R6602 just about ready to be installed.

acetomatoco

The truck would have had 24087, semi gloss...I had 25 of them in the 502nd Engineer, Float Bridge Company... 555 group in Germany in the 60s.. It is probably a IHC . I am taking apart one now...if you need any trinkits... Don't forget to silicone seal the zippers on the knuckle boots...and on the front brakes.. do not upgrade to 2 inch as the MC cannot handle the extra volume of BF. Some of my friends have upgraded to the Zenith Carb with good results... not so much rich idling and no anti-Dieseling valve needed... good job.