• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M139 Restoration Project

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a beautiful truck! I am thoroughly impressed with your work. I would be curious to hear about what all you have done to it. It sounds like it is ready to get a fairly fresh motor. Did you rebuild the diffs, for example? Transmission, etc...?

Really, A-1 job!

Armada

BEAUTIFUL! I salute you and your M139! I love a good frame off project, it really gives a sense of accomplishment. Can't wait to see more pictures. Also, what are some of the other MV's in your shop? I spied some in one of the photos.
Oh, and welcome to SS!

Dirt71

Just wanted to take a minute and thank all of you guys for the nice comments about my truck. When I found this truck it had been sitting for about 12 years in the very spot of my first picture. I brought it to Jacksonville from Lake City and went to work. It took a couple of days but was able to get it fired off. It ran fairly good but smoked a lot. I just wanted to hear it run before I took it apart. As far as the man hours I have in it hippie dude that's something I have never kept up with! You gotta love what you do and you just do it!!!!! Thanks again for all of the positive comments, it help's to keep me motivated to get it finished but it is just a hobby so weekends are my only time to get stuff done, more pic's as I go!!!!!!!

Dirt71

the two jeeps belong to a friend of mine, they have been sitting up for quite sometime so I'm working toward getting them running again. I also found some pic's of a 10 ton M123 that I am really starting to kick myself for selling about 3 months ago!!! Maybe I'll find another someday, but what I really want is a M125!!!!!

Attachments

Cdub

Wow.....talk about a frame up restoration..........

OUTSTANDING................ [thumbzup]

Keep up the great work and please keep the pic coming.

Cheers,

C'dub

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I was selling my M125, I could not give it away. Now, there are about 10 people who want one.

Dirt71

Finally - More M139 restoration pic's

Finally got around to putting new motor together, couldn't wait to hang the tranny on it, had to go ahead and stick it in!!
I've been busy the last couple of months, haven't had time to do much!! As you can see I had to hire a "professional" fork lift driver to come in while I took some pics.
More pics to come as I slowly add parts.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Finally - More M139 restoration pic

Pretty! Man, this is going to be the best looking M139 restoration I have ever seen. Actually, it will probably be the ONLY M139 restoration I have ever seen. Sorry, most bridge trucks get retired from the Army to a life of being beat to death on some farm/ranch somewhere....

OSO

RE: Finally - More M139 restoration pic

Great pics, [thumbzup] Good to see you are coming along with your project since we last talked. Is that the oringal engine? Do you still have the crate engine?
I haven't gotten to work on mine as of yet. Just don't where the time goes . The older you get the faster the time flies! :( Keep the updates coming!!

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Outstanding resto job!

Attention to detail is everything...keep posting the pics.