• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M149 rear faucet

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anybody know where you can find a replacement rear faucet or rebuild kit for a M149a2? The other day when I was using mine and went to turn it off, the stem screwed completely out so something in there must have broke.

I use it to water livestock and hook a hose up to the rear faucet. Now the only way to shut it off is to leave the hose connected and drape it over the tank, above the water level. I'll have to wait until it's empty to fix it but will need it fixed before freezing weather because I can't leave the hose attached when it freezes.

I've looked all over the web and can't seem to find a frost proof faucet of any kind with a threaded connection, all of them have screw mounts to mount to the side of a house.

jasonjc

Check ebay , one of the vendors use to have them I can't think of the name thought. They did sell off a lot of there stuff a few years back I remember.

searls84

If you have a picture for me to compare to, I have some new random military faucets laying around and I have no clue what they are for. Might have the one you're needing!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, I know that faucet....has a long tube that threads up inside the tank, doesn't it?
Yes, it has the long tube to keep it from freezing.

The correct faucet threads into the back of the tank, has a long stem that protrudes onto the tank about 6", and has threads on the outlet to accept a garden hose.

Once I get the tank empty I may try to disassemble and repair but I had just as soon get a replacement if I can find one. I'm sure somebody makes a commercial replacement but I have yet to find it.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
If you can get the nsn of what you need from the tm parts manual, you can probably get the parts source and part number.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do know the NSN is 4510-01-092-4045, P/N 1229643, cage code 19207. I'm still having trouble finding somebody that will sell me one.

Worst case is maybe I can go buy a standard frost proof at Lowes, remove the flange mount, and try to figure some way to solder a threaded nipple on there.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I found a solution. Went buy Lowes yesterday and picked up a frost proof faucet and a threaded nipple. I then milled out the nipple to slide over the faucet stem. I'll solder the nipple to the stem and I should be good to go.

Since it's no longer a wanted thread, I'm going to move it to the trailer forum in case somebody else runs into this problem.

Attachments

Last edited:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The one on my water buffalo is stainless steel. I would bet it would be very easy to rebuild with standard o-rings and seals from your local hardware store. The faucet appears to be very robust, so I doubt something broke inside, unless someone took a wrench to the faucet stem and broke something.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks