• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M149A2 Manifold Valve

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an M149A2 water buffalo, ex-uSMC, that is in excellent condition, but I am having difficulty with the manifold valve. This is a push - pull valve. Pushed all the way in and the water is cut off from the faucet boxes. Pulled out and the water flows through the pipes to the faucet boxes. Pulled out further and the water runs out of the four drain holes. My problem is that the push-pull handle is very difficult to move in and out. Turning the handle helps. Also, when pushed all the way in, the water is not cut off from the faucet boxes, but when pulled partially out, the water is 3/4 shut off when it should be wide open. When pulled out as far as possible, the o-ring is visible through the four drain holes and it looks to be in excellent shape. I need to take valve apart to service it. My question is has anyone done this before? Is it advisable to remove the entire manifold valve from the tank first? It looks like this is not necessary. I have TM 9-2330-267-14&P and this is not covered.

Attachments

Last edited:

SSG Rock

I have my valve out and apart now. This valve is much different than any other valve you have ever seen. The valve stem is very long and has two O rings. It is made of bronze and will bend very easy. When it bends it becomes harder to operate. When I took my valve apart it had a lot of corrosion on it. Also the "T" handel is week mine broke. I hope to be able to fix valve stem and keep original valve.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it necessary to pull the entire valve assembly from the tank or can everything be done leaving the valve housing attached to the tank?

jasonjc

One of the FL members has a M149 or 2. He did a thread on it some time back. It has pic's of that valve all apart for cleaning. He should beable to tell you more.

Now if only I had a valve for mine:(:(:(

Owner of a lid and valve less M149A2:cry::cry::cry:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of the FL members has a M149 or 2. He did a thread on it some time back. It has pic's of that valve all apart for cleaning. He should beable to tell you more.

Now if only I had a valve for mine:(:(:(

Owner of a lid and valve less M149A2:cry::cry::cry:
I thought I had seen a thread on this previously, but didn't find it when searching. I'll try searching again. Thanks.

aboonski

M149a2

I'm the guy in Florida with the thread on the M149A2 manifold valve. Click on my user name and the "find threads started by aboonski" and you will find the posts that i made with photos, etc. I still need to sanitize mine and it will be fully functional. If I could find another tank I could actually put two of these together.

Alan R. Broadbent
2700 Oklahoma Street
West Melbourne FL 32904
abrodbent@bellsouth.net