• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M149A2 Plumbing ??

aboonski

Just bought a brand new rear valve for my M149A2 from an Ebay seller. Looked at it for well over a month and decided to buy it today before someone else did. The one in my tank looks bad! Now I need to get busy and sanitize the tank.

M149A2 valve on Ebay.jpgM149A2 faucet valve 4 Feb 2013.jpgM149A2 faucet valve 4 Feb 2013 exterior.jpg

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just bought a brand new rear valve for my M149A2 from an Ebay seller. Looked at it for well over a month and decided to buy it today before someone else did. The one in my tank looks bad! Now I need to get busy and sanitize the tank.
I need one of them also. Mine will drip in cold weather but holds when it's warm. I guess the rubber is getting old and and when it's cold it gets stiffer and won't seal. Can these be rebuilt?

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need one of them also. Mine will drip in cold weather but holds when it's warm. I guess the rubber is getting old and and when it's cold it gets stiffer and won't seal. Can these be rebuilt?
I haven't rebuilt mine as it is in good condition, but I would be very surprised if the valve couldn't be rebuilt.

AlwaysReady

I'm currently selling one. I just posted a thread and it's listed on Ebay. It's in great shape. PM me if interested of if you need additional pics.

jasonjc

Well after 3 1/2 years of looking I finally found a lid/manhole cover for my M149A2. Now to find or make the hold down parts and get the broken bolts out of the tank.

I also got a new to me jack for the front. One of these days I may get this thing back together:).
If any one has the hold down parts for the lid tat aren't made of gold let me know:wink:.

DSCN0178[1].jpgDSCN0177[1].jpgDSCN0176[1].jpgDSCN0175[1].jpg

jasonjc

Well I thought I had most all the parts for my M149A2. But then I found a small water chiller for it. Now I have to track down all the stuff that goes with that. It's a never ending battle.

Cord

Ditto! My F-150 pulled mine fine empty, but be careful. Never try to pull one with a pickup with water in it!
Why??? Empty weight of the trailer is 3,000 lbs and 400 gallons of water is another 3,300 lbs. 6,500 lbs is well within the towing capacity of a 1/2 ton pickup. Now, I wouldn't want to pull one that's 1/2 full because of the slosh, but dynamic loading doesn't factor into towing capacity.

jasonjc

Why??? Empty weight of the trailer is 3,000 lbs and 400 gallons of water is another 3,300 lbs. 6,500 lbs is well within the towing capacity of a 1/2 ton pickup. Now, I wouldn't want to pull one that's 1/2 full because of the slosh, but dynamic loading doesn't factor into towing capacity.

Even a small amount less than full will get a lot of slosh. Add no brakes. I use to use a F-350 super duty flat bed with a 300 gal tank. That thing would rock you when you stopped.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks