• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151 alternator on an M35A2

77 AMG

So, like a lot of folks, the alternator on my Deuce is toast, and, of course, the parts are pretty much dried up. I have access to the alternators from a bunch of M151 MUTTs, and I was wondering if (before I try this myself and maybe cook something) it is possible and feasible to use an alternator from a M151. The M151 has a round 3 prong female cannon plug mounted on the alternator housing, where as the Deuce has the "box". Any takers on this mental "exercise"?

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Sounds like they might be the 25 amp generators with the separate voltage regulators. Later m151s (a2s at least) had the same 60 amp alternator as the m35a2s and many other trucks.

77 AMG

Well, the bossman says that he doesn't have any A2 MUTT stuff, just 151 and 151A1 stuff, but, 1 of the alternators is a big body, with a double sheave pulley on it, where as the rest (so far in the crate) are single sheave/ no sheave and small diameter body. The big body one has a GM tag on it (brass plate) Maybe off a M37?

77 AMG

MudMArine- yep, you now own an M151 component. That should be the 60 amp version. I'll get the tag info at work next day that I am there. I am going to see Clinto and company tomorrow to pick up some badly needed parts for my truck.

77 AMG

TGP, any reason for the "26SI and be done with it"? I am opening a new tab to look it up as I type this, btw.

ETA- Well, THAT is a definite next payday thing! $140 WITH a double sheave pulley, from Amazon? SOLD!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks, TDP!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks