• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151 Water Heater

sermis

OK I have looked and can't find the install manual for the M151A2 hot water heater. I have kit NSN 2340-00-764-5917. Have tee heater assembled. Main issue is where the fresh air intake comes through the cowl and where the heater hoses come through the firewall. Anyone have the manual or can give a diagram on where to cut?

sermis

Yep I'm still here just haven't been on much. Too much drama for a while but everything has finaly settled down and somewhat back to normal.

Westech

CPL
Fresh air intake is on the passenger side. hoses come thru the transmission tunnel. IMG_1186.jpg
But from what I am seeing the hoses can be slammed in just about anyplace. id_m151a2_302_full.jpgpost-89663-0-70180400-1374368661.jpgheater_shut_off.JPG

Last edited:

sermis

I bet I look at manuals ten times before finding the install one. Then the fun began. 4 days and still not completed completely and then discovered the NOS motor is toast so disassemble when I get a new motor. Not sure it was worth the hassle for our 10 days of cold weather here in Texas.

sermis

But I've had the NOS heater kit sitting on the shelf about 3 years. Nothing like jumping right to it to install.

Whiterabbit

Lots of work, very little payoff about sums up heaters in an M151.
I'll add one when I move back up into the Tn. mountains but here in south east Ga. it's not worth all the cussing and bleeding.
We didn't even have them in our jeeps in Germany. "Not authorized, arctic use only"

SWB,
The same reason people pre heat an oven. What's up with that??? ;)

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm also glad to see you posting again Steve E. Nown Steve B, have you ever seen a cold water heater advertised?

Stagg

I have to say, my M151 is pretty toasty warm with a heater.... after I disconnected the hoses from the diffuser box on the steering wheel!
Now it is just a hose over the transmission tunnel towards my feet.
There is a lot of energy moving through that heater core, you just have to figure out how to get it out of there.

Well worth the effort here in Kansas.

FilBonica

The gas filter to the carb should Not be connected to it .it has a tendency to crack the carb housing. The thread on the filter is straight cut not tapered. Normally there is a right angle adaptor that is used to connect things.
send me your email and I will send you a pic if you would like to see what I mean.

Fil Bonica

joel

heater

I remember one jeep vender saying" installing a heater in a 151 will be one of the hardest things to do"
joel

Last edited:

Flyingvan911

I just bought a NOS water heater kit off Ebay for my Mutt. I figure that since I have to install a new dash/cowl, it will be the perfect time to install it. My A2 was one that has the cowl and fenders squashed.

Guyfang

Staff member
We had them in all our jeeps here in germany, (a grand total of 4!) and none of the darn things ever worked right.

KREDD, another member here and I just bought a M151A2 and our heater hoses were run just like the second picture in message 4. Seemed to me to be the easiest way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks