• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M172a1 trailer wheel cover plates

tommygun

I have a m172a1 trailer and need to know if there is any reason i should not weld the wheel cover plates in place. Would it interfear with removing the wheel/tire ? Trailer used on paved roads only so wheel travel not a problem. Plates just to heavy to put in and take off every time .

M813A1

If you weld the plates you will restict the movement of the suspension and that will cause your Tires to rub the plates when the suspension moves up and down !!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had to change a inner dual on my M172A1 and I was able to do it without needing the overhead access. I have the same idea, those plates are heavy as heck.

tommygun

Ndt thanks for the reply about still being able to change tire with plates in place . I recently saw a m172a1 that sold on GL that had plates welded in place by the Army. I think i will try it but weld them where the welds can be cut if i need to remove them later.