• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M2 equaliberator mount tech data

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
First off, I checked the TM links and the search tool. I went thru the entire 228 hits with no luck finding out which book covers the M2 equiliberator mount. I'm putting 2 on my gun truck but they gots to be torn down as they are frozen from old age or something like that.
anybody know which book covers these mounts?

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got the manual from eBay ofi remember correctly. I found two sources of the mount, one was the all purpose mount book and the .50 M2 operation and maintenance book. Once I find it again (I have a very large number of TM books), I'll post its TM #.
Ive had my eye on one of those froze up mounts. They aren't that complicated... Even a Marine can figure one out ��!

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mount TM

I'm sorry I haven't been able to help with the TM. If memory serves me, yes, that is the correct TM. I've looked just about everywhere I can think of but alas, no TM. I recommend you get a copy, it'll help. As far as necessary, the hardest part is the spring. Be very careful with it as it can sproing into you face.
Best of luck.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
.50 mount

I FOUND IT!!! Here's the TM for the so-called equilibrator mount. TM 9-1005-245-13&P, Chapter 11, "6650 .50 CAL MACHINE GUN MOUNT". Let me know if you need a copy of this chapter. I can scan it in and send you a copy.

frank scholer

I bought a copy of TM9-1005-245-14 which had an exploded view, parts list and some descriptions but if you have more info I'd appreciate a copy of it. I tore apart and rebuilt my equilibrator mounts but it would be good to check everything is right. I think you have my email address from our previous correspondence.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a copy of TM9-1005-245-14 which had an exploded view, parts list and some descriptions but if you have more info I'd appreciate a copy of it. I tore apart and rebuilt my equilibrator mounts but it would be good to check everything is right. I think you have my email address from our previous correspondence.
Frank, I haven't forgotten I need to send you a copy of the manual. I've been out of town due to a death in the family. Once I get back, I'll get it sent.

frank scholer

Thanks. My condolences on your loss. My truck is just about done and I will take it to the Vet's day parade in Colorado Springs. It has been a pretty intense build effort over the past few months. I was able to get the correct hood numbers from James Lyles, the author of books about gun trucks. All the bumper numbers etc are painted on. I'm still searching for more pictures of the interior of the bed. He was able to give me a few but my knowledge is still incomplete. I bought a resin 50 cal for the back and my son bought 2 M60s for the front of the gun box. I fabricated all three gun mounts based on pictures of various trucks and the TM manual you told me about. I am hoping to get some video from the parade as well as photos.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures. I found a source for resin M60's. I plan on having it up front for the driver or I'll use it as a bail out gun. My next upgrade will be adding a twin .50 mount in the back of the bed.

frank scholer

I went with a resin M2 and two Airsoft M60s. Seemed like a cost efficient way to go. Each one took a little extra work to make them better. The M2 I worked on cleaning up some of the casting details, fitting it to the equilibrator mount and then repainted it with Brownells for a more authentic Parkerized finish. The Airsoft M60s required a small bit of work to make them fit the real gun mounts. The little details add up to a better appearance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks