• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M200 dolly conversion

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
this was a quick fix up to move trailers around... using a M200 that was donated to my collection by MDSA and hauled to Pappa Bears place by AM General and a donated 5th wheel i welded up this version. it will come in handy till i finish off my M818 next week frodobaggins will use it to retrieve his M750

Attachments

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
armymanplus30 did one just like this one and he left those on.. if you were to flatten out the 5th wheel they are well under by 5 inches or so

jwaller

if you can get the brakes working on the M200 it will help a lot in getting the rig to stop.

I used my M197 dolly last week to move a 28' and the brakes on it sure were nice to have.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i need a rubber hose and maybe some other parts ( im not real sure) to make them work. but i do plan on getting them fixed up

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Come on Tim, if you're going to do it let's do it right. Break out the grinder and remove the remnants of the diamond plate. Or, have Frodo do it for renting it!:-D Seriously, looks good.

frodobaggins

Come on Tim, if you're going to do it let's do it right. Break out the grinder and remove the remnants of the diamond plate. Or, have Frodo do it for renting it!:-D Seriously, looks good.
I bought more stuff from him and am delivering two trailers to him too.
I'm hoping my rent is paid :)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Looks good timster!!

All I can say is one of you Muther Truckers better get some grease on that 5th wheel plate before ya slide under anything...lol

Oh...and not to be picky...but brakes were discussed...and maybe light hookups?

OK...I'll shut up....good job timster
:razz:

frodobaggins

I can't trust the lights on my new trailer, gonna rig up my magnetic lights.

As for grease, just gonna rub my nasty body up against it first.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I noticed a UPS truck pulling a dolly the other day. Its fifth wheel was mounted to a set of leaf springs that were mounted to the frame of the trailer. First time I have seen that.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the lights on the trailer work but we would need to do some type of tapping into the line for the towing trailer to work. ill do a pogo stick this week :-D

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have Armymans' dolly. I need to contact Noah or Christan again to see what they want me to do with it.

I was wanting to tee off the dolly air lines and mound gladhands there for the trailer, then splice in a truck trailer socket for the same thing. Then the lights and brakes on the dolly are added to the system.

It does have the rings and they don't hit. Also he welded a channel up on the front part of the dolly to hold the airlines/wire.

Last edited:

nofearnohope

Any luck on this project of tying in the brakes and lights for the dolly trailer? I am looking at picking up one or two of the M200's that TX Hooks is auctioning off and would like to convert one of them to a dolly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks