• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M200 trailer pick ups and Sat tire swaps

AMGeneral

Well folks,Brian(MDSA) 2 of his sons and I went to Atlanta on Friday to pick up 3 M200 gen trailers he purchased and bring them to my house for them to be picked up by several people here on Saturday.Here are a few pics of both days activities.

Attachments

AMGeneral

Folks,Just in case you were wondering Brian(MDSA) is in pics 1,2 and that is his deuce in pic 9.

I am standing behind the trailer and running the wrecker in pics 5,6 and 10,Neil(neilhendricks) is standing between the trailer and white Dodge dually,pics 5,6 and 10 plus a pic of his Deuce pic 8, and Kenneth(lovebloodhounds) is standing on the trailer,pic 5. Just FYI,easier to put the faces with the names.

Last edited:

MDSA

Things went really smooth. I thank Brandon for his tremendous help, and Kenny, Neil and son Brian for their help Saturday. Many hands make for light work.

I got the trailers for the tires - got 12 real good tires, some virtually new. I hope to use my trailer for a mock up of a howitzer to use in parades.

I have dial-up at home so I'll add some pics from work Monday.

MDSA

Atlanta trailer recovery - More Pics

The recovery went very well. John from GL was johnny on the spot. He met us on the highway and led us to the lot with the trailers. He and I were done with paperwork in no time at all. Then he quickly found a soldier to run one of the forklifts and put the 3rd trailer piggyback on another trailer. Very helpful.

After binding the piggyback trailer, we used Brandon's homemade hitch to hook two trailers tandem. All the tires were very low.

We had to back Brandon's truck onto wood blocks to raise his hitch high enough to reach the lunette, and even that was not high enough so we had to jack it with 2 bottle jacks on top of one another. Raise the trailer up to get it off its landing gear, stow the landing gear, and lower the lunette onto the hitch.

My two youngest sons were the hired help (I had to feed them). Had all the tools and then some that we needed, except a hammer! Can you believe it? Next recovery the tool man gets a checklist. Total time from arrival to departure was 2 hours.

The ride home was uneventful. That Dodge pulled 7200 pounds effortlessly.

Next day we unloaded the piggyback trailer with Brandon's wrecker. Then after lunch, Neil and son Brian, Kenny, Brandon, and Kenny's son Cooper took the tires off the remaining trailers and put other tires on. The truck with the hood up is mine. My shut-off cable broke after pulling out of the way, but what a great place to break. Brandon pulled one off an old truck and we put it in mine. The other truck is Neil's, and the toys are Brandon's.

Great 2 days.

Sorry guys. I have more trouble with pictures. Try this link to my album.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/members/mdsa-albums-atlanta.html

Orionspath

Recovery Highs......

There is simply nothing better than the flow of endorphins while in process of equipment recovery! My experiences with M200's and M101A2's have been out of Richmond Virginia and the GL staff there have been great as well!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks