• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M200A1 Landing Leg Rebuild

PeterD

I'm looking for the rebuild instructions for the M200A1 (genset trailer) landing leg. I have TM 9-6115-651-14 which I thought had the instructions but it does not have anything other than 'inspect'.

I know I have seen this info somewhere (arrrggggg hate it when that happens!) but can't remember where.

The gear on the screw is not right and I'm stuck trying to get it apart.

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not to sound out of the way here, but anyone who can afford 2 H-1's should be posting
an add for WTB NOS landing leg jack assy. for M-200A1 genset. trailer. LOL just jokin here!

popacom / BILL ;)

PeterD

Not to sound out of the way here, but anyone who can afford 2 H-1's should be posting
an add for WTB NOS landing leg jack assy. for M-200A1 genset. trailer. LOL just jokin here!

popacom / BILL ;)

Ah, but never replace something you can fix and get properly dirty doing so if you can avoid it!!!

I think the only problem is that whatever holds the gear that is on the screw either fell off, or is broken. I'm trying to figure out how to get at that bit, I don't look forward to trying to unscrew the shaft at the bottom of the gear housing, I suspect it's likely to be very tight at this point (after about 20 years).

I'm wondering if there are any tricks to doing this?

PeterD

Well, found the manual (with the great assistance of John) TM 9-2330-205-14 covers the trailer and the landing leg, and has a great breakdown of the parts, and how it is supposed to be assembled. Clearly the nut and lock-washer on the bottom screw gear have parted company from the gear which is my whole problem. Now just have to get the beggar apart. ;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks