• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M200a1 Trailer in SW Louisiana?

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M200a1.jpgHey Jeepsinker, I would but am on a boat offshore Brasil...Gotta work...but I will when I get back home! Thanks!!

G,

Please see attached 'drawing' - really, really not to scale...

I believe the frame width is 38" inside to inside,
distance of inside tires from each other are 48"
distance from each inner tire to frame is 2"

Also, would you think it would ok to run just the outside tires, aka, super singled?
Do you know if the hubs can be flipped?

I think that is all right now.

Many Thanks G!

ke5eua

Er, uh, uh, uh...

Use it as a trailer, Yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking with it...

Actually, I was thinking of a trailer that had more capacity than the M105 but really do not want to run a double boogie...
Gotcha, thought you were going to mount a shelter on it.

I had that idea with my s250 shelter.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe the frame width is 38" inside to inside,
distance of inside tires from each other are 48"
distance from each inner tire to frame is 2"
That's correct.
You can find all of these dimensions already posted here, (almost 10 years ago...!)
Also, would you think it would ok to run just the outside tires, aka, super singled?
That would depend mostly on the use and load to be carried. I would probably be replacing those dual 9.00-20's with something tubeless, like 12.5R20 (single, on custom wheels). There is really not much room left under those fenders, to run much bigger rubber. (I found that mine had already been rubbing, with the stock NDCC's....!)
Do you know if the hubs can be flipped?
No, they can't. But it may be possible to adapt M35 hubs, if the spindle dimensions where similar...?? I will find out when the day comes to service the brakes and bearings.

G.

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just the information I had been looking for!
Bad part, I looked over that same thread 4 or 5 times and did not see the word doc...
Guess I gotta get new eyes!
Curious about adapting to M35 hubs, something that will have to look into.

Many Thanks G!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks