• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M201b1 1962 revival.

irnworker433

It’s alive!!!!!! Purrs like a kitten. No leaks. fender heater works like a charm. Charges, holding oil pressure between 40-60 psi Coolant circulating good. Clutch is solid. Drives forward and back. Success for the first week. I’m having trouble getting the video to load up. As soon as I can figure it out I’ll show ya proof!

irnworker433

Heres a few shots of the truck. Ive started to do some rust repair on the tool bed. Ill take those pics as soon as I can and post. The interior needs some love but is relatively intact. Lights all work. Need to find all Blackout lights.. Anybody have a set taking up space youd like to sell??...... Uncovered serial number on frame........ Winch was tore in half, How much $$ am I potentially looking at to get it back to tuggin again?? makin progress.

Attachments

irnworker433

Here’s a shot of the LU 4 winch before bottom repairs. And after. Really dirty aluminum case was tricky to TIG up w all the oils in pores but I have solid penetration. Now there’s a solid lug to use. Need to get the middle bore bushing out then rebuild the shoulder inside.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Here’s a shot of the LU 4 winch before bottom repairs. And after. Really dirty aluminum case was tricky to TIG up w all the oils in pores but I have solid penetration. Now there’s a solid lug to use. Need to get the middle bore bushing out then rebuild the shoulder inside.
That takes skill...
Looks like a nice job too!

INFChief

I would have flipped if you said “JB Weld it & send it”! People who said crap like that should be throat punched.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Inside bore shoulder padded up nicely. The side was busted out completely. Very oil soaked but we got her done. Talked to John at Midwest he set me up with replacement seals and bushings etc. have her tuggin once again!
Again... I have to say that is darn good work.
Skills. Hard to get, but really rewarding when you use them!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks