• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m211 1953 ??

xoddah

can anyone help me identify this
it is ""known"" to be a 1953 model m211

it is 6 cyl gas engine 4 speed transmission

I have not looked at it yet BUT may if it is common enough to have "some" parts available Just an ID would be great,
Thanks Tompumper 6x6.jpg

xoddah

I will go take a look this weekend
he is asking 3500
I am / was diesel mechanic for a lot of years cat cummins detriot rockwell eaton
can fabricate and weld anything except the crack of dawn.
I Got old somehow and is time to slow down a little
I hunt / fish a lot, live at the base of Mt Hood so lots of places to go, I have a big ford 4x4 but why pound it 1/2 up a hill and drag the bumper home when I can take a 6 wheeler, and eat a sandwich on the way to the top or bottom of some extinct volcano and watch national geographic film lion chases in Africa
all things considered I may find myself buying a "ready for the Mexican 1000" rig we will see in the next few days
THANK you very much for the info... Tom

Gunfreak25

Are you going to locate and throw a proper cargo bed on it? You can get them for $500 or less. A little cleaning here and there with some fresh green paint it would look super.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd say $3500 is a little high for a plain jane deuce with no bed, and the gas motor. I'd say $2500 if everything works well and no problems. My two cents....

xoddah

Paint and bed, yes that would be my thought, cheap, functional,
if I really got the bug I get a nicer one with diesel and bob it but for now

Price, yes I agree. maybe less,

I have to call him this afternoon, says he has a title " it is used on the farm..."
IF it is a farm title, like a tractor for example, I would have to be sure it was eligible for highway use. I have seen 2 other old farm rigs, that never transfered the military bill of sale (or what ever it is) years ago and the process would be inconceivable for me to even mess with it

You guys are great, Ill let you know what I find, even it I dont bring it home, someone else might be interested

xoddah

one other thing ... I live in Oregon, it is unusual to even find vehicles for sale ..
some of the CAR dealerships "have them" but the price is actually funny and the sales guys jdont even know what it is 26000 GVW at Bobs used car center ? why would any car dealer even want one ? go figure wish I had better sources close There are some proud owners in the area. maybe I should give them a shout out
Thanks Gents
and Ladies alike
Tom

Gunfreak25

There are some deuces in your area but they are grossly overpriced. Yeah diesel is nice but there's nothing wrong with the gas engine. I would offer $2500 too and see what happens. Keep us posted.

FYI you can pickup LDT multifuel motors still in the surplus can for $1200 or less. Would be a real easy swap if you have a fork lift.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks