• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m211 brake issues

blb5198

I was recently driving my m211 and the brakes locked up and the pedal built up so much pressure I couldn't even move it. Then when I shut the truck off the pressure relieves it self and I am able to fluctuate the pedal again. Then I start it up again and the brake pedal builds up all kind of pressure. Not sure whats going on here. Any tips would be appreciated,
Thanks a lot

DDC2StrokePower

my truck did the same thing. and yes the air-pac is shot. memphis does not have an actual rebuild kit for the m211 anymore, but what can be done is get a rebuild for an 800 series truck. but that is missing a couple major seals that are needed, but gunfreak has found a place that might have the seals we need. he is just waiting to hear back from them as far as i know. so i can let you know what the seal # is when i find out myself

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G749 Airpak

Have you had a chance to run through the TM's, available here....

MilitaryTrucks.ca - Welcome!

and see the removal, schematic and trouble shooting for the airpak?

It seems the 5 ton airpak rebuild kit has all but 2 "seals" and I'm hoping everyone having trouble will solve the ........"G749 airpak rebuild parts list"......

before I need to do mine.

Attachments

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Info for the new MV troops:

You do remove the pipe plug in the rear of the M211 (G-749 series) air pak and lube it twice a year......right? As per the manual. Royal makes the correct oil for the air pak. It is sort of hard to find but in a pinch you can use a good quality air tool oil. If you use the oil and drain the air tanks after every days work the veh should run for years without any air pak problems.

The M35s also should be lubricated the same way. The older air paks on the M35s had the plug on the back also but the later versions of the M35 air paks do not have the plug. I called the ordinance people years ago and asked them why they did not put the plug in the newer air paks. And was told, "no one lubes them anyway so we stopped putting the plug in" , " they just replace the air pak these days" . Hummm sounds strange but that is what they told me.

Last edited:

135gmc

You might check with some of the Canadian surplus dealers for air-pac oil - the Canadians ran the GMCs longer than the US did. They may also have rebuild kits available. Bryan Asbury might be able to offer some advice. I rebuilt mine years ago, and it was straightforward - you DO want a copy of the manual or the parts breakdown drawings, though.

I used to oil mine every year when I did the spring PM checks - it never got enough driving to need 6 month lube. I bought a pint of oil from Direct Support, and he probably got it from Memphis. Direct Support is gone now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks