• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M211 into the woods

herc69

Well, we took the M211 to the property Sun, towing with the M35. Here are some pics of the fun!!

Attachments

herc69

RE: More pics

To hide it til we can do some repairs/get it started. This is the best way to keep it, as I have an M101, M105, M109, M35, pontoon boat, etc already parked on my small lot. The neighbors are deciding whether to try to buy passage after the fall of civilization, or light the torches rofl

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: More pics

Good one Rich!!!!!!! rofl

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sure hope not! :( I am kind of worried about that, but I put a M880 out there too, so it can act as the sacrificial lamb. I figure anyone who goes out there might take stuff of a dodge truck than a more obscure large truck. Maybe from a distance they will think it is the fire dept. It is way back there, and they would have to carry anything out unless they bust through the gate and have another deuce. My Dad was most definitely out of room, and we had to do something. I try his patience enough... :roll:

There aren't any homes or anything for miles. So I will keep my figures crossed.

Pa.Rich, If I can get it to fire, it would run. It cranks fine, but even with either and a little gas in the carb no spark. Didn't have much time to mess with it. Now I just need to troubleshoot the distributor. Keeping it out there and adding a pump would be a nice idea, as I could fill the tank from the creek nearby....

Anyone know of a water cannon for sale? :lol:

pa.rich

I just recieved the Military Vehhicles Magazine, and a long article about the M135, M211, Xm211 M215,M220 etc, lots of pics, and a tanker like yours M220?. By Steve Turchet. Real excellent comprehensive attention to these trucks. Called" M211 CadillacDuece" !!!Have to read it yet, but a great set of info on these trucks from what I could see briefly. And now back to my reading!

FrankUSMC

Pa rich
I think his truck is a M211 with a tank placed in the bed. There is a very complete M220 tanker down the road from me here, it looks just like the M49 and M50 from the sides and rear. I have been wanting to stop by and leave a note on the windshiled, but I am worried they would call me .....I have no were else to hide a truck.
One more note on these trucks, there was a potato farm about 20 miles from me that had about 8 M215 dump trucks. I did stop by and they told me they would let me know if they ever got rid of them. I was deployed for a year and a half and when I returned the trucks were gone. To this day, I have never seen them again.
One of the few, Frank

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're right FrankUSMC,
It is just a M211 that the forestry commission put a rather heavy walled tank on the back, a pump, and a hose rack. Didn't really mess with the bed much, they did weld the tank in but it could all be ground off and the bed put right. It is amazingly straight- hardly any rust anywhere, very complete. I did read the MVM article, makes me want to get her running and drive her up here to Norfolk so I can work on her. Only thing that I don't like- gas motor. I think these are pretty much gas hogs, right? It has the 11X20 tires, so that helps a little I guess.

We tried to get her running, but she would just crank and crank. Obviously spark related. Like I said before, unless they have burned up the tranny (fingers crossed) she should run just fine once we figure out the spark. Wouldn't it be great to drive it in the convoy next year? :D

That tanker could prove useful out in the woods as Pa.Rich pointed out....