• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M211 is home

Kpeterson

The previous owner dropped off my M211 today. Just like most other vehicles, day one= "KOOL". Tomorrow I'll be saying, "Sure looks like a lot of work". By Monday I'll be asking myself why I bought another project.

I never learn (and I hope I never do). Projects are like Jello, there's always room.

It looks pretty solid and came with lots of spares.

Kerry P

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a M211 "C" with the dropside bed. Front of the frame looks a little short, but otherwise looks like a great truck to start with.

Kpeterson

It's a FRANKENTRUCK. The PO said that he found this bed and installed it and the disk brakes too.

I was not able to give it a thorough going over before making an offer but it looks much better than I expected. My wife is even happy with the condition, how often does that happen? Keeping spare parts near her daily driver, that's a different story.

Kerry P

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Nice score, disk brakes all around or just on the front? That a serious $$ option that put you ahead of the game. You can't beat having a drop side either, wish I could find one around here for my M135.

Kpeterson

It has GM bus disks on all wheels. PO said the parts are very common, I would not know the difference between common or scarce. The biggest thing I ever worked on was Norm Grabowski's car hauler.

Looks like I'll need to find pictures of what the front of the frame should be. I might still be getting a damaged bumper with the parts. I have welding capability so it should not be a big deal to add to the frame.

Kerry P

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please show us pictures of the GM bus disks. This sounds like a better option than the stock 12 wheel cylinders. If you cannot find the front of the frame pieces, PM me, I think I have them somewhere.

butch atkins

awesome,disc brakes on all wheels ,NOW that is something all of us would like detailed pics of when you start working on your new toy,good luck on your project,keep posting ,definte interest ,

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Civil defense-neato

Kpeterson

Please show us pictures of the GM bus disks. This sounds like a better option than the stock 12 wheel cylinders. If you cannot find the front of the frame pieces, PM me, I think I have them somewhere.

I'll post some photos from inside but I can't promise when I can get some wheels off. Extra caliper brackets came with it, I'll show those separate pieces too.

Hope these photos be of some use.

Kerry P

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks