• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M211/M135 brake light switch

Baradium

I didn't find anything in a search. Does anyone happen to know a part number or application to use to get the hydraulically actuated brake light switch for the M211? It mounts on the frame rail on the passenger side just aft of the cab.

The problem we've run into is the switch using a 1/4" NPT fitting as opposed to the much larger fittings on the later trucks. There are clearance issues with the frame so we can't adapt those switches either.

Our old switch blew apart and dumped all our brake pressure, fortunately while stopped. Right now we have a plug in the hole for the fitting, but now we don't have brake lights.

Trial and error of ordering parts is getting somewhat expensive and trying to verify a 1/4" NPT fitting just resulted in a discovery that not everyone knows what that means.

Gunfreak25

Don't use another original switch which may blow again at any time, on a single circuit brake system this is bad. This is an easy fix. The master cylinder has 2 threaded plugs on the outlet end for misc fittings. This switch should thread right on, you may need a thread adapter but that is a $3 part at any hardware store.

Amazon.com: Painless Wiring 80171 Brake Light Switch/Press.: Automotive

Then move the old connections for the old switch up to the master cylinder by splicing on some longer wire. Splice on and re-use the original connectors and your good to go.

To take the place of the missing fitting at the old location, connect the two lines together using a brake fitting union.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G749 Brake light switch

I don't see a part number in the parts book but you might find it on a quick scan through the TM's......if you need to.

MilitaryTrucks.ca - Welcome!

hit M135 and the bottom of the page.

I may have salvaged one but can't check until tomorrow night. I can let you know.

No donor trucks laying around the North Pole?

JGBallew

There is an XM211 I do work on that has a mechanical switch. Thought it was added, but it has the proper Mil connectors, etc.

Will try and grab pictures, because I'm not a fan of the hydro switches. A mechanical, pedal actuated switch you can set up to give a 'warning' to someone in con behind you without applying signal pressure to the 'pack.

Gunfreak25

I like the mechanical brake switch idea even better. It would take a few more beers to install but would be well worth it IMO. Anytime you can delete a switch or other electronic device from your brake system by all means do so. I removed the temporary parking brake solenoid on mine as well, though the switch will remain for looks and will be used as a battery disconnect switch along with a keyed switch I already have in. It stay's marked "temporary parking brake" for even more security.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
NOS Brake Fluid Switch

[FONT='PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif']Just confirmed a source for the NOS Brake Light Fluid Switch........Anyone looking can PM me for the Canadian source.

QUOTE:

""""""With the original metal Douglas connector they are $65 but with the later rubber connector they are $35. Your old wiring will attach OK to the rubber style and be held in place with the plastic connectors."""""""

Also found this somewhere on SS from someone that already did their homework......so thank you whoever did their homework......or is that whomever.

[/FONT] """"""""'Napa Midland/Haldex BE13250 $20. It is a 24v or 12v air brake pressure stop light switch with 1/4 npt""""""'

JGBallew

Bump from the dead- The '211 is back so here's a pic of the mechanical brake switch install.

You can see the rubber coated lever behind the brake pedal against the floorpan.
That cylindrical part is the switch.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks