• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M246 does it sound right?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's an exhaust leak and it appears to hesitate when you open the throttle. It is hitting on all 6. When you drive it, it should accelerate briskly to 2600 rpm and move right on out.

AMGeneral

I will mirror what NDT said, several exhaust leaks, probably manifold to head and manifold to header pipe as well. It does seem to have a slight miss on acceleration as well.

A good carb cleaning and rebuild as well as a complete tune up will work wonders.

Those 6602s are beasts when running correctly, I'd love to have another one myself.

sargent43

Thanks for the help guys, the guy needs $2300 out of it. Is that an ok deal? As for the engine I was thinking along the same lines as far as the leaks. And its sat for who knows how many years. Is it hard to get parts for the engine/ carb?

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The engine and powertrain are easy to find parts for. The problem with the old wreckers is that every single cylinder packing and hose needs replacement.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I'd say 2300 is a great price. My 1953 M62 didn't need any of the packing done, but it did need hoses. You'll have to be carefull on the hoses as its a non-standard thread.

I wonder if DH ever got any of those adapters made up...

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Memphis equipment is trying to deplete their stockpile of 6602 engine parts since not many customers have them. Going cheap on engine internals

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

sargent43

The hoses to the crane? What packing? And what's DH? I'm not very familiar with 5 tons, I know a little bit and am mechanically inclined so I'm looking forward to getting it back to being road worthy.