• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M246 in the busted hydraulic hose club

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Anything that would deflect a stream or spray of high-pressure oil from hitting you is better than nothing at all, even a wood 1x12 or whatever fastened along the pipe surface would seem to be adequate.. I am not an engineer but 18 or 20-gauge 4" or 6" stove pipe oval'd around the op station hyd lines would work .. Not saying that flying metal has never happened, but anytime I ever had a metal hyd line break, it had split along a weld in the tubing or else it was a rust pinhole. There was no shrapnel involved, just that "oh crap!" burst of spray probably all of us have experienced at one time or another, leaving us soaked .. :3dAngus:
You will be amazed to see how fast an old man can jump down out of the Gondola, three big steps to the cab of the truck (I always leave the drivers door open), flop down in the seat and bump the PTO lever down to disengage... Only seconds but a stream of hydraulic oil shooting thirty feet in the air is really impressive to see!

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will be amazed to see how fast an old man can jump down out of the Gondola, three big steps to the cab of the truck (I always leave the drivers door open), flop down in the seat and bump the PTO lever down to disengage... Only seconds but a stream of hydraulic oil shooting thirty feet in the air is really impressive to see!
It Shuuuuure Is an impressive sight ! :LOL: , and I am taking about the fast-mover heading to the cab without taking a nasty tumble from a slick deck ! haha

(not funny at the time though!! ). .. The inside of the drivers door on our M62 will never rust for quite some time to come.. Nor will the window glass :cautious:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
It Shuuuuure Is an impressive sight ! :LOL: , and I am taking about the fast-mover heading to the cab without taking a nasty tumble from a slick deck ! haha

(not funny at the time though!! ). .. The inside of the drivers door on our M62 will never rust for quite some time to come.. Nor will the window glass :cautious:
Absolutely!!!

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
we are trained professionals, don't try this circus trick at home. ... equally impressive is the geyser coming from a busted hose on a 36ft triaxle dump trailer with most of the load still aboard o_O .. Well, I lied, I am being too nice... A dump trailer hose blowout might make Old Faithful jealous

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks