• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M246/M819 rear outrigger baseplates

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can anyone provide me with some pics and accurate dimensions for the rear outrigger plates? Material thickness, hole diameters, etc... The TM does not seem to indicate that they are the same as the fronts, but they are the same as the boom jack feet.

Or, if anyone knows where I could locate a pair? Thanks!

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the plates and could measure them later in week.

If memory serves correctly they are the same as front. Mine is an Austin setup on an m62 the same as 73m819's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CUCVFAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, I would appreciate it. I guess I am mainly looking for the details of the center section where it pins to outrigger. If I can't find any, then I'd like to have something welded up close to the original design.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have the plates and could measure them later in week.

If memory serves correctly they are the same as front. Mine is an Austin setup on an m62 the same as 73m819's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SHouldn't be the same as the front. The rear outrigger on the 819 and 246 the pads come off of. He is correct they are the same as the boom jacks.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
SHouldn't be the same as the front. The rear outrigger on the 819 and 246 the pads come off of. He is correct they are the same as the boom jacks.
That is why the Gimp is the man. I forgot that point.

I will look at the 819 pad's on Kindler Gentler Rons truck :)

I also have a set of the boom jack's to look at.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Since the 62 is at my ao, I will measure and take pictures today, it will be easier to use the 62s pads then get mine out.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since the 62 is at my ao, I will measure and take pictures today, it will be easier to use the 62s pads then get mine out.
It about time you got out of BED :)

I have the support boom pads I think on the truck!!!

CUCVFAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know the M246/M819 base plate has a different NSN than the standard wrecker boom jack base plate. I'm not sure what, if any differences there are between them?

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I will take pictures of both, on the 819 it is used for both, out rigger pad and pad for boom support.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
pad 1.jpg

pad 2.jpg

pad 3.jpg

The green one is from the 819, it is 16"x20", the other one is from a 543, it is 20"x20", both are 3/8" plate, both holes are 1 1/2", if you want anymore measurements let me know.

CUCVFAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, Ron. Given the difference in dimensions, I assume the M543 plates will not mount on the front deck of an M819 like the stock ones do?

When you have a minute, could you measure the inside of the center rectangle where the boom jacks and outriggers insert (length, width and depth)? Thanks!

Also, is the bar welded between the two gussets supposed to be on both ends? It appears that there was one cut off of the M819 pad in the pics?

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey where are the pictures of the good look wreckers partying in your driveway?

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
There is no hand hold bar on the 543 pad, Yes on the 819 pad it is missing one hand hold, I will have to check the other one to see this is stock or in deed missing you are correct, the 543 pad will not fit where the 819 pad is supposed to be stored, I will get the other measurements tomorrow.

Last edited:

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
First off, the 819 pad shown is missing a hand hold bar,

ON the 819 pad the inside trough measurement is 5" long (6" for the 543 pad), 2"wide and 4"deep, the hole is centered on both the long and depth measurements, the pad is 100% 3/8" plate, the hole is a touch over 1 1/2" so a 1 1/2" pin can be used, there is also a 3/4" hole in the base plate that is offset to clear the pin, this is for the mounting pin that is welded to the deck, a retainer plate goes across the center and then a nut that has a handle welded to it that threads on the retaining pin.

Last edited:

CUCVFAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, Ron! Could you snap a pic, when you have a moment, of the retainer plate, nut & handle as they are used to hold them down?

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Thanks, Ron! Could you snap a pic, when you have a moment, of the retainer plate, nut & handle as they are used to hold them down?
No longer have them or at least do not know where they are now, the original 819 mounted pads were in the way and took up to much space, I use the pads as end boards for the chain storage area, I made new slip in brackets for the pads to stand on edge and cut off the original retaining pin. .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks