• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M246 Wrecker Parts?

highfavor1004

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guy need help in locate some parts that my M246 is missing. I have search all over the web looking for a base plate for the rear legs outrigger both of mine are missing. From what i can gather and correct me if i am wrong. The rear outriggers come out and go to the ground. then you have a base plate with a female knuckle that connects with the bottom of the legs.

Now i have the two front outriggers with the base plate and the arms Permanently
attached as seen in TM 9-2320-211-10 (2-86).

I would attempt to make them however i still need the female knuckle to weld too.

Do any of you have any suggestion for me?

thanks guys.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the rears ARE the same as the front only are pined, the rears also are the pads for the long boom supports, also the same as the pads that are on wreckers next to the rear winch for the same boom supports, so with all that said, white owl or somebody like that might help you

I would a do a WANT ADD in the cllassifieds to see if someone is SCRAPING :cry: a wrecker or has extra wrecker parts

Last edited:

highfavor1004

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So you mean by pined that the base plate is pined right and i am looking through TM and it never shows the outriggers out, i am supposed to have for outriggers right?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, 4 outriggers. Yes, the rear base plates are removable and stored on the truck.

123Mack and AMGeneral both may have spare wrecker parts. Try sending a PM to either.

highfavor1004

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea i think i have located it on B51 part 3, but i am trying to figure out how the tm and what page is the numbers that relates to the description of the part

highfavor1004

Steel Soldiers Supporter
bingo thank you, now i just have to find the missing parts I just finish PM 123Mack and AMGeneral for the part. being a part like this what am i am looking to pay for it

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure, depends who has them.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
PM CSMDAVIS at Camp Shelby....they will prob be parting out some wreckers that are coming off the base right now. The baseplates should be the same for the 900 series wreckers since they both use the same wrecker bed.

123mack

I just finished PMing the OP and I have what he wants. Neither of us is in any hurry, but will probably need help from the SS Express after new years. anyone who can help let one of us know.

highfavor1004

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys, starting on the restore again. I have worked out must of the mechanical kinks. I know I am still missing parts such as:
1. The support stable beams that come up to secure the boom in transport.
2. I need a 5 ton Bumper

I do not know what else this truck came equipped with. I have a tow bar and slave cable. and thats is all I have for the truck. Any other suggestions.

Attachments

highfavor1004

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also This truck is a Mack truck; however, I was shown a picture that is shown bellow of this same truck with the cummings. The front grill is way different then mine, why is this. Mine is flat straight across unlike the picture were the cummings mimics the duece. I was told this truck was a 1963.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks