• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M250 Cannon Carrier * Needs Rescued

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It works some times. There is a guy in Port Clinton, Oh. that has a yard full of JUNK, old rotting boats, abandoned inground fuel tanks aftert they're torn out, old cranes, and he has an old marina with even more junk in it. There is an old ex-Navy crawler with a boom on top, is supposed to be one of the original telescopic rigs. Nicknames an "anteater" or something. Saw some used to load torpedo's years ago,(did I just date myself?? oh well)and guess it was built for the Sea Bee's originally by Austin Western, with an international crawler under it.
He doesn't want to sell it but for scrap price, I got him to deal, but before I could get him the money, I was shipped out and now, I can't find him. Somebody says he died, (cancer) and his kid has it now and doesn't want to talk. Now the 200th Civil Engineers (Red Horse) wants it for a display and I'm going to try to help them secure it if I can. The last of a breed as far as I know in this area.
My wife has instructions that when I'm history, she chooses the trucks she wants to keep, the rest, she knows who to call to handle their sale, not to just hold some yard sale and take first offers that some "bubba" would give her for a neat "huntin truck". They the collection and all the parts in the barn etc will find good homes at reasonable rates. Its only right. As well as good for the hobby. Never had kids, sure wish one of my nephews took an interest. Two are motorheads, but if it can't round-de-round race, it "ain't" worth havin I guess.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks