• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M270 Lowboy Addition - But?

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am the proud new owner of a pretty shabby M270 but it will clean up real good! But it is short a couple of things all but the missing jacks I should be able to find locally but the jacks look specialized are they? Or can I pull some off a commercial rig?

Attachments

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The place I am getting my trailer from has another one with the jacks, but they are 300 miles away i will be back down there in a few weeks I will measure them unless someone has a trailer a little handier and is willing to take the measurements?

Goose2448

Have you tried a local trailer place? They might be able to get you something that would work, or know where to get them. She just needs some paint and new planks. I would go though all the brakes and lines too

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a trailer guy I deal with but these are longer than most standard jacks and they have a funky looking handle and gear box, but just something that will work would be great, I can always keep on the lookout for the correct ones! All of the electrical is missing except for the plugs themselves the break lines are there but have not been used for 20 years, and they added a two foot long dove tail to the back I will have to remove. I have the harness i took off a m105 trailer, I am wondering if I can use the ends of it and just add an extension in the middle? It should get me by, I don't know about the front and mid running lights?

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I talked to the guy I am buying the trailer from, he didn't realize the jacks were gone, he said he would try to find the original set or get me a set that would work? I am still on the hunt for an original set of jacks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks