• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m274 mule questions

blaster13

hi, i am rebuilding a 1957a1 mule and have a few ideas. I was thinking of doing a recoilless rifle but after doing some research they seem impossible to find.. so im thinking the alternative, mounting a m60 (inert of course). the question is does anybody have any ideas on how to do this? do they sale m60 guns in parade form? if anybody who has a m274 with a gun mount pleaz shoot me some pics and ideas i would greatly appreciate it.. thanks i am new to this forum and live in florida olan on driving up to NC to visit bill watson for a new motor..

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go real or go home!

Just kidding. :grin:
I know a fully functional M-60 will cost many times what the mule cost ($30K+). I have seen the advertized in Military Vehicles Mag as display (plastic) guns and propane fired guns.

nw42

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check out that movie Maximum Overdrive, that will answer all your mule with a M60 questions:wink:

gunboy1656

You must be looking in the wrong places for a recoilless rifle. Here is a hint there is a company in TX that has a LOT of them you just have to weld them together. Second hint the name is Brent Mullins.

Sells them from 3500 and up, depending on features.

Here are a couple links of my fathers and my build.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/auxillary-equipment/56483-most-dangerous-wheel-barrow-part-1-a.html

and

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/m274-mechanical-mule/57873-i-finally-got-mule.html

Found a guy in Italy who has about 70 guns, and hundreds and hundreds of jeep mounts.

blaster13

hey man thanx a million! i have been talking with my pops and i think we are deciding on a m60 instead of the recoiless rifle.. should look good when were done, the mule is a complete rebuild as it has been sitting in the woods for the past 20yrs... so far the only things we kept were the front and rear, 4cyl motor which was not froze up and the bed. the rest has all been replaced! still have quite a bit to go as my wallet is hurting.

emr

I use the oak pad from military trailers it has a handle on one side, any heavy base will do then buy the mini pedestal mount and then the cradle u need for the weapon of choice and it is removable this way, just lift off or on as u like... and place it in the middle or like u see here in a rear position , i used a gas gun and it worked really well like this.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks