• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M274 pull start

hochimin

i just purchased a M274A5 with pull start,its hard to believe they would put a pull start on one of these,its not like starting a lawn mower,does anyone else have a pull start model ? is it hard to add a starter and alternator ?

FloridaAKM

Hey, I pulled on that handle a few times to see if the engine was free; it's not that hard to pull it to start it. No, it never started due to sitting for a.......while
!

RodUSMC1962

They don`t call them mules for nothing. All our mule were pull start. They NEVER started worth a darn. We usually pulled them with a mighty mite or if we had enough guys pushed them, they were handy little things, newer models had electric starts. They can be converted,but you have to do a lot of work. If I had one I would do the conversion. 2cents

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
I have a A4 that has a pull start and it starts like a dream in 4 or 5 pulls. But the A5's never came with a pull start only elect start. Now that being said someone could of added that on later.

joel

I have an A5, only have had 3 or 4 months,has starter, added an alternator, it has always started but with the choke pulled out, which I found with these type of engines you always have to do.I have tried push/start and it starts right up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks