• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M275 A2 tractor value

sermis

I was on my way home today and it was calling to me. I really need, well, want one. Why I don't know. Anyway what is the value of one. The guy said it runs very good. He said he has had it for two years and does no use it. Tag date is 1966.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It sold from DRMO for $75. I failed to bid and kicked my own asre afterward. Don't know of this is still the guy that bought it, he had 2. Attached are some pics from 2002. Looks like the same truck to me. It is a multifuel turbo.

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Is it a gasser? I did not know the deuces came with gas engines. If so what engine is in it? Hopefully not the big beast in my M52. I am hoping to come by an affordable M818 that can really haul the loaded M127. I would think twice about another gasser in my fleet.

citizensoldier

DDoyle can give us the facts on this more than me, but I have a M35 gasser here. All of the early trucks were gassers and then switched over to the multi fuel with overdrive trans. I am not sure of the years they did this or how the exact history goes.
The gasser deuce engine is not even close to the same size of the 5 ton gasser.. kind of like a 20 HP Briggs compared to a 350..

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Is it a gasser? I did not know the deuces came with gas engines. If so what engine is in it?
Yes, the early Deuce (M44 series) has the Reo OA331 gas straight 6. Later iterations of the Deuce (M44A1) had the 427 series of multifuel and the A2 series had the beloved 465 multifuel. The truck would appear to have a multi because the data tag says M275A2 and it has the engine side panel with a mushroom.

And nice job on the winch install.................... :roll: I think the bumper should clue you in to the knowledge of the installer....who wants to bet the PTO isn't shimmed correctly either? If you can't get the bumper right..............................

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
The gas OA-331 began to be replaced with the LDS-427 in 1961. The LD-465 replaced the 427 in June 1965, and the LDT replaced the LD in about 1972 (don't have my notes with me - so I could be off a year or so).

In 1966 this truck would have had a LD-465 and a horizontal exhaust.

Regards,
David

sermis

I did not lift the hood but he said it was a diesel. His story is a guy owed him 5K and he took the truck and some guns. He said he does mud racing. His asking price is 4k. He also had a hard top with some cancer rust and the older style oval window for $1,500. I offered $1,500 for the truck but he did not seam interested. Was in a hurry and did not have to talk.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
well he's gonna have to knock off some of the $ because you will have to fix the bling there... the white wheels!!!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think 4K is a little high for that one. Also, 1500 for a rusty hardtop is crazy, don't think the guy knows MV values.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think $4000 is a bit to high as well since I sold mine for $3250 sans winch. Also be know that the biggest lot of deuce tractors came out in 1966. Acetomatoco has a nice 66 with the horizontal exhaust. As I said in my previous post, that truck does have a multifuel and it is turbocharged.

vtdeucedriver

Recovry4x4 said:
I think $4000 is a bit to high as well since I sold mine for $3250 sans winch. Also be know that the biggest lot of deuce tractors came out in 1966. Acetomatoco has a nice 66 with the horizontal exhaust. As I said in my previous post, that truck does have a multifuel and it is turbocharged.

Yep, ace does have a nice tractor............thought about it a couple of times.

Kwai

Sermis, If you don't buy it I will. Let me know if you are going to get it or not. I would put the price at $2k max. Not a high demand for them.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
damm kenny, someone got a good deal. Wish I was able to do it at this time! :(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks