• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M275 A2 tractor value

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Truth of the matter is a freind came by a while later and offered me $4500 for it. I was sure tempted by the extra money but I did accept the offer from the other gentleman first. Since I'm a man of my word and my wife pushes integrity, I kept my word with the new owner Hank. It's going to a real good home!

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd say that tractor's worth about $1200. Rusty top $350 maybe a little more.

A few pictures of mine below. I'd never be able to get what I've got into mine. It's for the love of a little green tractor. I'd never sell it anyway.

3rd to last picture is just after getting back from a 900 mile round trip to Camp Pendelton to retrieve the M128A2C. This was also 1 week after 4 16 hour days of rebuild to get it road worthy. It had sat in front of an auto parts store in Heber AZ for about 8 years. I paid $2500 for it.

Last 2 pictures is when I picked it up in Heber. I pulled it 250 miles out of the White Mountains to Tucson where we rebuilt it in Jacks shop.

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How good does the tractor pull behind a dually pickup? Aren't they quite a bit lighter than a cargo model? Nice looking by the way. :wink:

sermis

Kwai, he was stuck at the 4K. Unless he would go to $1,500 I am out. It is about midway on US77 between Hillsborough and Waxahachie.

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hndrsonj, It pulled just fine, my F350 is set up to tow a 17,000 lb 5th wheel. It's a very treacherous road coming down out of Payson, my biggest concern was stopping. Down the long down hills, the Banks exhaust brake worked perfect, very little brake time. I kept it to about 45 mph most of the way. I did run at about 55 on the flats in the desert.

My F350's been Dyno'd at about 425 hp with well over 700 lbs of torque (at the rear wheels). It has a custom built ATS transmision and torque converter. I can pull 17,000 lbs up a 7% grade without dropping to 2nd gear. That was my goal when building this powertrain. I've done alot to keep my EGT's down as well. The Navistar 7.3 is a great engine! I have one in my Excursion as well.

In the end though, the braking is the weak point with the set up you see above. I kept my distance from EVERYONE. I did have safety chains connected before I left.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks