• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M275? What will it cost me? Pictures

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you don't get it, please PM me the contact info. I have alot of the parts to put it back origional and have wanted a 427 for a long time. (besides it looks to be 100 miles or so from here).

NoLeftTurns

I have to admit, that is pretty funny.
Yea it's around a hundred miles from Cheyenne. That is part of my dilemma. I don't know if it is best to have it towed, or drive it 250 miles home. Pneumatic bottle jack, impact wrench, bottle of co2, jack stands, and a large pipe. Will this work to replace the front tires? The front diff is about 1.5" off the ground. Thanks for the replies.

RAYZER

Kenny: thanks!

Nlt:man,thats a really good find! winch and all!
I would like to see a pic of the left side of the truck.
Look around the yard and see if u can find the 5th wheel and other parts that came off the m275,i would put it back original! Hey,i have a M109 i'll trade you:)
I think I have m275 envy:cry:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think you found a good truck there. You were asking for advice - here it is: get the truck, get all the parts that you can round up on the property that may belong to it (as already mentioned, fifth wheel, spare tire carrier etc.), and bring the truck to a secure location. Then trade/sell it to a member here for restauration and get a running condition M109 or M35 (whatever you want) in return.

Why? The truck, as it sits, is a "bastard" that may or may not work well in its current configuration. You may have to invest a significant amount of money and time to make it run well and service it properly - that is not necessarily everybody's idea of fun for the first MV. It has been sitting for three years and will need to be gone through end to end with all fluids changed, brakes serviced, tires changed etc. at the very minimum to make it safe.

Being a rare-ish vehicle, the M275 really ought to be restored to its original glory, and you could give someone the chance to do that, and make some profit for your new hobby in the process.

Last edited:

Clay James

Maybe that thing on the intake manifold in the picture is some type of odd pre-heater? I've never seen one like that before.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
get the truck, get all the parts that you can round up on the property that may belong to it (as already mentioned, fifth wheel, spare tire carrier etc.), and bring the truck to a secure location.
Deuce tractors (except the M48 ) don't have spare tire racks.:beer:

NoLeftTurns

Thanks for the advice. I think I will be looking at trading for a M109 eventually. The M275 would have no use to me. I don't know if I'm ready for a full restoration. It seems odd to me that this truck has so many different parts put together. Would this have ever been done by the government? I am pretty sure the previous owner only owned this one truck, but maybe someone before him pieced it together. Either way I will be getting friendly with her, untill I can get it driving to the road for a tow.

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It will be interesting to see what kind of frame mods they made on the little feller.
Look at the very first pic. Something isn't right. It looks like the frame is longer rather than shorter. I'd be very careful buying without some serious research.... If you want a second opinion, let me know. Promise I won't snag it out from under you.:beer:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Another item or 2 you will want to look for is the trailer brake controller, looks like a giant turn signal lever that mounts on the right side of steering column and the cat walk that mounts behind the cab.