• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M3 Halftrack Restoration

battlecr

I was fortunate to be the one to buy Dirt's halftrack and love it. I had one years ago and was sorry I ever got rid of it. The best part is my fiance loves it as much as I do! there are still some things to do like rebuild the hydrovac and hook that up, but Dirt did a great job on everything he touched.

I rebuilt the hydrovac on mine, I maybe building a second halftrack, one thing I learned: I'll have my second one rebuilt by a shop that does that. I'm glad I did the first one but have NOOOOOO desire to build another one. :roll:

It's nice when the boss also likes your project, make things so much easier. :jumpin:

Don G.

Last edited:

indy4x4fab

Banned
I was fortunate to be the one to buy Dirt's halftrack and love it. I had one years ago and was sorry I ever got rid of it. The best part is my fiance loves it as much as I do! there are still some things to do like rebuild the hydrovac and hook that up, but Dirt did a great job on everything he touched.
Where are you located in Indiana?

Dirt71

Yep he sold it.
Yep, I sold it. This is what I changed gear's to. My 13yr old son and I will enjoy this alot more together. I will miss the MV hobby and all the vehicle's I worked on over the year's.

Thank's for the memorie's
David

Attachments

vettes

Good eye, Im a mopar nut too. The bumper is from a 72-74 or at least the bumperettes are. The rest of the bumper interchanges 70-74. 70-71 had lil crome bumperettes, but in 72 standards for impact speed went up hence more bulk

I’m a HUGE Mopar fan!! Love the cuda!
Question: the taillights look early 70’s but the bumper looks mid 70’s am I missing something?

cdmorehead

so I rebuilt the tach and speedo. they were in great shape but completely frozen. a little heat and alot of patience worked wonders. Im wondering if the grease or what ever was original in there had a shellac base to it. You have to be very careful not to over heat the unit. Im at a point where I dont know how far forward, if at all, of the firewall I want to go. aside from rebuilding the hydrovac and trying my luck at the wiring harness Dirt sent with the unit, i dont know that I want to mess with anything else until it needs it. **** those couple things will last me ten years anyway.:cookoo:

indy4x4fab

Banned
Yes its at haspin acres, get with john at the anderson military museum he made a brand new half track wiring harness from scratch for the half track we have down there.