• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M3 Halftrack Restoration

battlecr

I was fortunate to be the one to buy Dirt's halftrack and love it. I had one years ago and was sorry I ever got rid of it. The best part is my fiance loves it as much as I do! there are still some things to do like rebuild the hydrovac and hook that up, but Dirt did a great job on everything he touched.

I rebuilt the hydrovac on mine, I maybe building a second halftrack, one thing I learned: I'll have my second one rebuilt by a shop that does that. I'm glad I did the first one but have NOOOOOO desire to build another one. :roll:

It's nice when the boss also likes your project, make things so much easier. :jumpin:

Don G.

Last edited:

indy4x4fab

Banned
I was fortunate to be the one to buy Dirt's halftrack and love it. I had one years ago and was sorry I ever got rid of it. The best part is my fiance loves it as much as I do! there are still some things to do like rebuild the hydrovac and hook that up, but Dirt did a great job on everything he touched.
Where are you located in Indiana?

Dirt71

Yep he sold it.
Yep, I sold it. This is what I changed gear's to. My 13yr old son and I will enjoy this alot more together. I will miss the MV hobby and all the vehicle's I worked on over the year's.

Thank's for the memorie's
David

Attachments

vettes

Good eye, Im a mopar nut too. The bumper is from a 72-74 or at least the bumperettes are. The rest of the bumper interchanges 70-74. 70-71 had lil crome bumperettes, but in 72 standards for impact speed went up hence more bulk

I’m a HUGE Mopar fan!! Love the cuda!
Question: the taillights look early 70’s but the bumper looks mid 70’s am I missing something?

cdmorehead

so I rebuilt the tach and speedo. they were in great shape but completely frozen. a little heat and alot of patience worked wonders. Im wondering if the grease or what ever was original in there had a shellac base to it. You have to be very careful not to over heat the unit. Im at a point where I dont know how far forward, if at all, of the firewall I want to go. aside from rebuilding the hydrovac and trying my luck at the wiring harness Dirt sent with the unit, i dont know that I want to mess with anything else until it needs it. **** those couple things will last me ten years anyway.:cookoo:

indy4x4fab

Banned
Yes its at haspin acres, get with john at the anderson military museum he made a brand new half track wiring harness from scratch for the half track we have down there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks