• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M313 equipment and options

bimota

I'm looking into M313 expansible trailer as a mobile workshop, need to know what equipment options would be attractive. Also, any downsides to using these in the real world.

They seem all to have AC and heat standard and often load banks, what is unclear is what other major subsystems are typical or special options to look for. Generators are not typically attached but there are several large boxes on front clip, some would be useful, others not so much.

Would like to know what generator set is ideal for powering the trailer as well. I have MEP-003 which deliver 208 3 phase but also weights 1200 lbs and is loud. Anyone with an M313 mount a genset on the front clip and power it all up?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The heating and AC systems in the one I had were old and non-operational.

They are heavy too.......the load banks were there to test generators.....I'm not sure if there was a genny built into them or not.....mine had a fuel tank that I assume was there to power the diesel fired heaters.

Mine had a pintle hitch on back that I assume was to pull a genny trailer or maybe a cargo trailer.

They are wired for 110/220 and have good lighting inside.

It also came with insulated hard sides that could be installed by means of a locking system that used a Hex key. Some of the older ones had canvas sides. The hinges were prone to leak when they got old and brittile.

Some of them are equipped with work benches or shelves depending on what the unit that owned them used them for. Mine had the work benches in it and they were full of tools and electronic stuff.

You will need a military tractor ( a single axle civy tractor might do it) to pull it with due to the kinpin setting and the 24 volt lights.

bimota

M313 Homework

Good input. I did see a stack of panels in one unit and was wondering what they were, must be insulation you mention.

Do you think the heat and AC on the newer units would usable? I'd hate to buy something and then have to retrofit the key comfort tools. Fuel tank is good since I'd want to mount a generator on the front clip.

I do generator repair so I like have the load bank available though they are not used often. Anyone have a load bank laying around they want hauled away?

There were several recently, some older and rougher and some newer that looked hardly used. Some with windows, some without so it became a tad confusing on what various options may exist. The TM section of the site is down so I can't pull the TM yet. If anyone has the TMs on another link let me know.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want the loadbanks, look for an M447C. The M749 and M750 are parts vans and won't have them and I've never seen loadbanks on an M313. In case you didn't know, the M313 has telescoping sides, side doors and is completely enclosed. The 447, 749 and 750 have the sides that hinge open. The A/Cs are probably 3 phase, I know mine was. If you find one with heaters it was surplused before the MWO to remove them. There was an asbestos problem and all of the heaters of units still in use, were to be removed and the ducts sealed. I have the MVO somewhere.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks