• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M332, AMMO TRAILER

two.fiveM35

When I was last at Fort Hood, The G.L. site manager there (great guy named Paul) told me someone was buying the M105s, taking the wheels off and selling the bodies to a scrap metal place. Darned near made me cry...

I was up at Ft. Hood and saw the scrapyard picking up 2 18 wheelers loaded with M105's. When I got home I called the scrapyard and went up there the next weekend and bought 12 tires/rims for $120.00. 10 were usable, but still a great deal.

SouthwestUSA

When I was last at Fort Hood, The G.L. site manager there (great guy named Paul) told me someone was buying the M105s, taking the wheels off and selling the bodies to a scrap metal place. Darned near made me cry...

I was up at Ft. Hood and saw the scrapyard picking up 2 18 wheelers loaded with M105's. When I got home I called the scrapyard and went up there the next weekend and bought 12 tires/rims for $120.00. 10 were usable, but still a great deal.
Great tip... I've seen tires and wheels for the M105s (and what ever else they fit on) go for higher money at Red River Army Depot. You got a good deal on your wheels. I might have to try that sometime.