• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M332 Question

marsman

All,

I have read about everyone's M332s. I know they are very heavy and not great for anything under a 21/2 ton. Can anyone provide me with the width of the frame? I would like to get one and take the box out, remove the axle and landing gear and replace it with a lighter box, 3500 lb axle and lighter landing gear. I think this would lighten up the trailer enough to make it tow able. I love the look but would like to make it much lighter.

Thanks

papercu

Length overall 148 in. (375.9 cm)
Width overall 95 in. (241.3 cm)
Height overall 53 1/4 in.
Weight (empty) 2800 lb (1270 kg)
This is from the TM, I think I have the frame width somewhere and I'll look. Mine pulls fine behind my Chevy 1/2t but I can see where a Ford or Dodge may have problems.
Biggest thing in hauling ANY trailer is being able to stop it when needed. Wayne

Found it and some pictures.

Ammo trailer

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks