• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M34 Active duty

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A forklift loading ammo crates? Wow what a concept. Where the heck were they when my armored BN was in the field? I lost count how many hundreds of 105mm crates we loaded, unloaded, reloaded, unloaded again, and lastly, load and unload the spent dunnage, in a day, all by hand. Apparently our griping eventually worked, because after I had been assigned to oversee the fuel section, the ammo haulers at least had an all-terrain forklift available to load live rounds, but unloading and dunnage was still a hand job. Famous words at MTOC (army truck school) ,, " A driver does not handle his load, he is only there to supervise the loading and unloading." Okay, yeah maybe if he is driving a dump truck or the mess truck. . lol

Last edited:

foxtrot

Did you guys notice these M34s have the same diagonal gussets at the outer wheel well openings as the GMC M135s? Must be a later production thing, like 1951.
Photo from 1953.
It did not have the tailgate with the integrated step.

On this last photo, I think the photographer also wanted to show us in the background the armament pointed due east.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks