• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M342a2 on Singles

98hd

I've been off the site for awhile, but have been working on my tipper trying to get it road worthy. I was able to get it driving well enough to get it out on the road some last fall. Hoping to get a few more things buttoned up so I can drive it the 250 miles from hunting camp to my house next spring. It's been a slow process due to how far away it is, and that work has kept me from getting up there much this year. Once I get it home, hopefully I can start restoring it.

Just thought I'd share where I'm at with it and some pics. Hopefully I can use this thread to keep motivated to keep working on this project.

Couple of the issues I know I need to deal with yet:

1. Caster correction for the 395's. It wanders a bit more than I'd like.
2. Oil leaks, way too many of them.
3. I need to check for oil coming from the exhaust. Old j-pipe seemed to have oily residue in it. Haven't seen any signs of this anymore, but haven't looked too closely. I want to be sure turbo isn't leaking oil.
4. Change out all Rad hoses and new coolant.
5. Fuel pump keeps blowing fuses. Have correct slow blow fuses.

Some of the things I have taken care of:

1. New brake hoses/wheel cylinders.
2. New solid knuckle boots and re-packed all wheel bearings.
3. New 395's on Aluminum MRAP wheels with Peashooter adapters.
4. Spring ride Pass seat.
5. Picked up a set of correct troop seats from gimpyrobb
6. Made a spin on fuel filter setup.

Anyway, I'm sure this is all anyone cares about... the pictures.

Attachments

98hd

If you haven't driven your truck hard in awhile you can get that oily residue in the exhaust. Take it out and drive it like you stole it !
I had read about that, and was hoping that was all it was. When I bought it I think it had barely been used for a few years, just slowly around the former owners horse farm. Then I sat on it for a few years as well, only starting it occasionally.

When I got it out last year I drove it pretty hard, and I haven't seen any signs of more residue. Of course my new J-pipe doesn't have a rusted out hole in it either, so hard to tell for sure. This fall I'm going to put a few miles on it and then take off the elbow to make sure everything looks good. Fingers Crossed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks