• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M342a2

Bjt1969

Thanks for getting these posted. The bed is not in to bad of shape, it does have a fair amount of surface rust. I picked this truck up from a University. They were using it to haul horse manure. They bent sheets of aluminum and riveted them to make the top. I should probably source an original hard top for it.

Bjt1969,

Good idea, but adding a nice hardtop will cost you a pretty good chunk of change. Even a used hardtop will be over $500 US. It will also add value to the truck. Cheaper way would be buying a soft top. A new soft top would be cheaper than a used hardtop. Good luck.

John

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BJT, you scored.
This is the kind of truck I have been looking for - and which I never found. I agree with adding a hard top - also from a user standpoint, a soft top on a dump truck is just...wrong. Even though it does have the headache rack, I would still want a (thin) sheet of metal over my head!
That the truck is quite complete, with the curved fenders, is great, too. If you are patient, you can score troop seats and a vinyl cover for the bed (they do crop up once in a while and they do not fit anything else but the dump truck). Not because you would need either one, but because it makes the truck even more rare, being complete with the accessories!

Now you need a front PTO and a winch..and a new data plate for a 342 w/w :drool:

Good luck with it and post pictures of your restoration/upgrades!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks