• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 A2 Engine Side panels

wiggall

I thought that I read somewhere to not put the engine side panels down in hot weather, Is that so or can I run it in HOT weather with the engine side panels down?

shadowrwolf

engine compartments are made to be at a set temperature and air flow by opening those panels it changes the air flow in the compartment

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
While I believe it might effect it in some goofy injuneers mind, I have run my m109 and my m35 without side panels for years.

Granted, my motor has survived the truck rolling on its side and losing an oil pan drain plug while boogieing down I71 at 62mph, but I digress...

saddamsnightmare

August 2nd, 2015.

There are many photographs taken in Vietnam, and I believe Operation Desert Storm with the hood side doors open or even completely removed. All one has to worry about is air through the radiation, and the last new radiator NOS for my deuce had a fan shroud on it.

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These cooling systems are over built, don't think it would make much of a difference unless pulling a serious load .

welldigger

Diesel engines run cool by nature. Lowering or removing the side panels isn't going to affect it one way or another in hot weather.

Cold weather I would advise keeping them up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks