• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 (and other MV) Roadside Assistance list

Jakob

I'm going to put together a list of people that will volunteer their help if needed. All I ask is for three pieces of information, via PM:
1) name
2) location (city & state)
3) phone number (home or cell)
4) e-mail (optional)
5) if you want to include any special notes, I'll include those too
The list will be kept here if you want to bookmark it...
Steel Soldiers Assistance Listing

exbrown

Jakob, good idea. I noticed that the list requires logging in on Google. Is that the plan? Some of us have a beef with Google... are there other places for the list to reside- like here in SS?

Here is a link to a Google Map I created. If everyone sends their information, I will update it. You will be able to access the information without logging in. Or you can request to be a collaborater and edit it yourself.

Steel Soldiers - Google Maps

Jakob

I need an e-mail address to add people to the viewing list. Even if you don't want to participate, but want access to the list, give me an e-mail. I didn't realize how Google Docs worked. I have no problem maintaining the list if someone wants to give it a more convenient home?

markmontana

Jakob- OK, it's now working for me. I accepted the invitation and can see the names and contact info.

edbrown, I will take a look at your links too. If there is a list that has been going on, we shouldn't duplicate things. But for now we should keep collecting contact info --- it can always be combined/merged in the future.

Note: I think if people want to access the list, they should be willing to give all their info. IMO.

Thanks

Jakob

J
Note: I think if people want to access the list, they should be willing to give all their info. IMO.

Thanks
I don't completely disagree with you on that, but karma can be a B. I was also kind of assuming that most people here wouldn't have the gall to ask for help when not offering it to others.

markmontana

I don't completely disagree with you on that, but karma can be a B. I was also kind of assuming that most people here wouldn't have the gall to ask for help when not offering it to others.
The thought crossed my mind about people getting on the list just to get email address to send crap to. But there is no real way to prevent that I guess.

Anyway, I am on the list and hope others will add their names ASAP (esp. if you line on the I-80 or I-70 corridors! My big trip starts next week...)

Crash_AF

I'm willing to help too. I do think that the list should be maintained in some sort of secure manner to prevent unauthorized personnel from accessing it. The TDR maintained such a list and every 6 months would print a booklet with everyone's names/addresses/capabilities which was included with the magazine.

Anyway, if you're in the Colorado Springs/Denver area and need assistance, drop me a line.

Later,
Joe

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:ditto:

Still not secure, as anyone can register here. Just keep it to general location and a means of contact.

I'm willing to help someone out, yet nobody drives anywhere close to me,
(those that do, know how to get ahold of me.)

markmontana

Have y'all seen this? Steel Soldiers :: Military Vehicles Supersite There is another whole world of good info at the old site.

I've seen it now! :razz:

But how old is it? I'm not on it and don't see a way to offer my help. I looked at one name (near my upcoming route) and their last activity on SS was 5/2008. Just saying it needs to be current and maintained.

We need something like it that us newer guys can participate in. BUT, it is a good format.

ARYankee

I want to say thanks guys. I have signed up for all of it. If anyone is worried about info just use a different email address and the nearest town or city you are close to.