• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 bows dimension

JCKnife

Has anyone the dimensions of the M35 canvas bow, Just the top part not the upright or metal curved bits ?
I have a carpentry project forthcoming. If the wooden bows from a M35 would work-out it would save me having to make my 15 of my own glue-lam beams.
I would just buy them from one of our favourite suppliers...
Specifically, overall length and how much arch, (rise from the horizontal plane)

Thanks,
Jakob

Who supplies them? I need a few myself but all I've been able to find online is a complete set on Ebay with a tan cover I don't need...

cten

Gee, I made my own out of oak I picked up at HD for $10.00 each. Soaked them down and put them between a couple of chairs and laid (2) 5 gallon jugs of water on them to bow them out. Did that for a week and it worked fine.

I always though you could purchase them for about $15.00 each maybe $20.00. Some times your time is worth more than trying to make them.

TexAndy

I just steamed and bent some clear pine bows. It was regular old McCoy's hardware store lumber. Like a dollar something a board. Worked just fine.

I'll post pics tomorrow when there's light to take a picture.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ferroequinologist reportedly had a gazillion of them at the GA rally. I didn't see a single one. Would have liked to pick up a dozen spares.

jatonka

The origial bows are NSN 2540-00-293-4730. 74 1/2" long, 2 3/8" wide and 7/8" thick. I make and sell them new from steam bent clear Oak. JT out

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks