• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 Bridge Sign Plates....????

jpinst

I have a new Bridge Sign plate kit for my m35a3. I can see from pictures where it should be placed in the grill, but I am wondering about its significance.

What is it for?

Is there a code to the numbering and lettering system used on the signs?

Sorry, I am Navy and don't have a clue.

Thanks.

jpinst

meaning

From what I have read in manuals, it seems the plates are to designate the weight of the truck and cargo, so as to rate it for bridge crossings. Have not figured out what the code is tho.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: meaning

I am sure someone will chime in to correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the deuce should be 8 with the C for combination (meaning you are towing a trailer) or 6 without a trailer. I know I've seen a circled 6 on many deuce doors over the years.

saddamsnightmare

RE: meaning

June 11th, 2008.

The current rating for the Deuce empty is "8" on the cab door, and between 6 and 11 on the bridge plate depending on whether she's loaded, the "C" indicates trailer, which for the M105A2 is "4" so the total for the two would be "12" and "C" on the bridge plate. See David Doyle's Standard Catalogue of US Military Vehicles, Appendix "A" or "B" under Markings.

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce
1968 Johnson Corp. M105A2 Cargo Trailer
1967 Hercules MEP023A gasoline generator set
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog, S404.114 MB NATO green rofl

Flea

RE: Re: M35 Bridge Sign Plates....????

Does anyone have a source for numbers from these plates? I've got the plate, but no authentic numbers.

steelandcanvas

Craig, I have a brand new set of "Camo Green" numbers, just bought them on eBay a few months ago. I don't need them now, I'm going Vietnam Era OD on my truck and trailer. I do need the original yellow numbers though. I also PM'd you about this.

Gamagoat1

John,
The yellow are real hard to come by any more. I need a couple of sets too.

Try Rick Larson at www. Militarystencils.com

steelandcanvas

Re: RE: Re: M35 Bridge Sign Plates....????

Gamagoat1 said:
John,

Mike, I will keep an eye peeled for a couple of sets of the yellow numbers. I haven't seen anything on Larsen's site in regards to the weight class numbers. I'll bet he has a stencil though! Thanks!

Srjeeper

steelandcanvas said:
Gamagoat1 said:
John,

I haven't seen anything on Larsen's site in regards to the weight class numbers. quote]

Rick Larsen has the numbers & the red C. Look on his site under "Additional Items" bout halfway down the page (Replacement Bridge Plate Number Kit). Paint your's Cat Yellow and add his #'s. :D

steelandcanvas

RE: Re: RE: Re: M35 Bridge Sign Plates....????

Bill, I can honestly say I missed that on Larsen's site, I'll be sure and tell gamagoat1 (Mike) next time I see him at a meeting, if he doesn't see your post.
Thanks,
John

chicklin

Flea said:
Does anyone have a source for numbers from these plates? I've got the plate, but no authentic numbers.
I used this guy:

http://www.i2k.com/~schwarzd/index.htm

Decals and paint masks available. I got the M715 decal set that includes the yellow "4" door marking for bridge weight. Nice guy, easy to deal with and is an M715Zone.com member, maybe a member here, too. I'm sure he can make whatever you need.

Barrman

RE: Re: RE: Re: M35 Bridge Sign Plates....????

Beast is a member here and I also recommend him. He has supplied all my markings so far.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks