• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35 conversion

Hotwire

I noticed a previous conversation about converting a m35 into a 4x4 single axle, i have a chance to buy a m35 for $2800 and was thinking about this 4x4 conversion, i agree with some that the bed should be the cut down origional deuce bed, anyone want to help me figure out what all is needed to do this conversion, i think it involves removing the rear axle then moving the front rear back 4in, but this was to compensate for the wheel well opening to line up using this trailer bed,will the frame need to be cut? will the drive shaft be long enough or have to longer? this truck if built will not be used for hauling so can the origional springs and mounts be used? help will be greatly apppreciated, i need someone to help me thru this entire journey, thanks Mike

Sephirothq

You will need a front suspension from another M35A2 or the springs from an m105a2. The 35A2 suspension is nicer to work with if you can find it.
Some people move the axle around, some people don't.

Some people use an m105a2 bed some cut the duece bed, some make a custom bed.
it's your choice.

TenTires

I just wonder why everybody wants to REMOVE axles from the deuce? Why not ADD? I mean, just picture a deuce with 4 or 5 axles in the back, now thats BAD A$$!!! :-D

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a set of front springs out of a M35A2 I drilled out the rivets did not cut them out if you are going to do this and need them PM me