• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 Custom Shooting Platform

bbbang

I am getting my M35 set up for some serious recreational/target shooting, I got my M64 cradle mounted on the M66 ring, and am now in the process of building a custom shooting platform for the cab. The platform uses existing bolt holes in the floor, and can be substitued back and forth for the passanger seat, in a few minutes. I am going to pick up a hard top this evening and am going to modify it for shooting. Chris

Attachments

sermis

CliffW said:
This may sound silly but the passenger seat folds down for that reason to stand on for shooting from the m66 ring.
You beat me to it. Fold the back down and stand on it.

m52a2

many WWII trucks with hard tops had ring mounts. look up some photo's you will see a revers flange around the hard top opening to allow a canvas cover be tied over the opening in the hard top when the ring was not in use. Ed.

sermis

I have an access on my hard top. I will try to get some new pic's posted. I know there were some pic when I was sand blasting the truck.

bbbang

Hi: I do have the reinforcement plate riveted in to the truck. I am going to run a Ramo M2HB on the MK64 mount. I will also run an M60 on the ring with a different mount. I do know the passanger seat will fold down but was not happy with this set up, the hight was wrong for me and I didn't like the lack of foot room. This mount will be rock solid and safe, it has a toe stop in front and much more foot room and is at the perfect hight,(for me) to shoot. I also made it where it would quickly substitute it back and forth for the seat if I wished, or use it in multiple trucks. I picked up my hard top this evening. I am going to cut a hole and then bend pipe in a circle to weld around the edge of the hole (unless I get a better idea in the meantime). Should make a nice and safe hole, then I am thinking canvas and snaps around the pipe to cover the hole. Chris

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Very Nice that will be awesome what about getting a custom cushion made so it could also serve as a seat? Keep us updated on the progress this is a very interesting idea.

Any word on the source of that alternator yet?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks