• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 E-Brake Q??

chuck500cc

Did the 4th of July parade and the e-brake would not hold. It has never been a problem before. It would hold on almost any inclines. One day it was working fine and the next will not hold.

What has been checked and troubleshooting I have done to fix it is:

Loosend the hand adjuster on the handbrake. Pads appear to not release from drum.

Plenty on pad left.

The handle in the truck when the e-brake is released has a bit of "push back" to it.

Took most of the adjustment out of the cable and when it is pulled up and down the entire cable moves but there is no movement in any of the e-brake linkage or pads.
The cable is not kinked or a noticable pich anywhere.

How much play should there be in the linkage when the e-brake is not applied?

Sorry for the "sorry" technical terms, it's the best I can do for now.

chuck500cc

Should the pads and likage have some play in them when the e-brake is not set? The cable seems to be fine, it almost looks like it was set the last time and didn't release all the way. I just want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious. I know the cable is not broken.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks