• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 Emergency Brake Worn Out

SasquatchSanta

The brake bands on my emergency brake are shot. Rivets are rubbing the drum.

If anyone has rebuilt their emergency brake recently I'd appreciate knowing if it's better to buy the lining (shoes) and install them yourself or buy the assembly?

Anybody got any on hand?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why did you scrap them Sir? Ernie, I believe its 6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other. Check with Acetomatoco or whatever Ross goes by, I think he had lining kits. rampartsllc@aol.com

kenny. when you have a pile of parts sitting around for a year or so. you tend to start to clean house ;) worst part is as soon as that happens someone needs something. But ill have more in due time

desertfox

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have purchased E-brake bands and riveted them on. Easy process and bands can be had off ebay or Saturn surplus. Just be sure to get the rivets with them. Common cost around $35-40.

SasquatchSanta

Thanks for the input all.

I just purchased a set from Tactical Truck.

I hadn't paid much attention to my parking brake assembly. As long as it hold it's one of those things that doesn't get much attention.

Yesterday I heard a slight scraping noisethat sounded like it was coming from the transfer case. Before I could check it out it got worse --- sounded like the TC was about to drop out along with the drive shaft. Upon inspection I found the inner brake shoe lining completely gone and the outer lining worn so bad the rivets had let lose and are allowing it to rub and wedge against shoe and the drum. I guess you could say it's one of thise things that will last forever but when it decides it needs changed it wants changed "right now".

Hopefully the new assembly can be adjusted tight enough so it won't allow me to forget to release it when I start driving.

Thks again for the input.

jatonka

Emergency brake worn out

Sasquatch, you did good getting them from Jeff at Tactical Truck for $75.
I hada set relined locally and it cost me $83.00. I save all I can from parts trucks and buy new ones whenever I can cause they're so hard to find when you need them
I have the new mustache springs that keep inner and oute separated if you need one. John Tennis

SasquatchSanta

RE: Emergency brake worn out

UPS delivered the new parking brake asembly shipped my Jeff at Tactical Truck today.

An hour later it was installed. Now when I park Rosie without having to run after her with a chock.

Everything looked like NOS. Thanks Jeff.

Alredneck

Banned
RE: Emergency brake worn out

Im going to be needing one to but it going to have to wait to the first of the month for payday! Need to rig me a brake light so I remember to take mine off!