• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 Fire truck WOT 2000 rpm 44 mph ... what's up?

scootertrs

gonna get that done next

Have you confirmed that you have 6-7 psi at the secondary fuel filters and 60 psi after the booster pump? Do you run(hard) this truck for a good hour before testing the speed? What is your engine coolant temperature when you are evaluating the top speed?

I am guessing the previous owner pinched off the vent line because they heard air escaping (bad air pac). That would also explain your dragging brakes and slow speeds.
Good advise. Will check if my mph is not where it need to be after all that has been done... Engine temp stays at 170-180... does not really get hot... had not had a chance to do a good hard run and then found the pinched vent line... the fuel cap would hardly turn and when it finally did, a great whoosh of air rushed in... that had to mean something... all that has been resolved... guess we will see

Alas, the tires spin like they're on ... well... bearings. No brake grab or drag to be had ANYWHERE.

Sounds like I'm back to the "not making smoke" train of thought.

Gotta get those fuel pressure tester fittings but it sure does shoot fuel past the final on just the lift pump.

Anyone got any good advice on the centrifugal advance in the IP?

scootertrs

Alas, the tires spin like they're on ... well... bearings. No brake grab or drag to be had ANYWHERE.

Sounds like I'm back to the "not making smoke" train of thought.

Gotta get those fuel pressure tester fittings but it sure does shoot fuel past the final on just the lift pump.

Anyone got any good advice on the centrifugal advance in the IP?
mine did too, but as soon as I started driving, the brake pedal got harder and harder, until it just would not budge... by then my brakes were dragging... eventually to the point that the truck would not move... someone here had mentioned abouit the airpack leaking causes this... but, I believe one of my big finds was that apparently, since some people may take that word... multifuel... too literal, I had what looked like molasses or lithium grease (yes white) all over the inside of my tank... well that as well as my vent hose was pinched off..

scootertrs

No other than burning a fuel mix of 1/3 diesel 1/3 kerosiene or gas and 1/3 WVO. And running on 10 gears on a custom ''modified'' tranny. Thanks to Woodward Transmission and Muffler. At a cost of bout what a deuce would cost $3500. If you wanna see a pic of it you can look in my photo album on my profile along with other pics.
Yeppers... I think that would fall right in the middle of that category I call "special"... good to know it is doable... a bit out of my reach right now...

Nice!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks