• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 Front Bumper Extensions

oboyjohn

Hey Rusty. You are right about modern truck frames. Most of the ones I have seen have warning decals on them saying not to weld or even drill new holes in them.
post-90175-13264041243269.jpg

rustystud

Hey Rusty. You are right about modern truck frames. Most of the ones I have seen have warning decals on them saying not to weld or even drill new holes in them.
View attachment 683889
For several years now the industry has gone to lighter frames (fuel mileage) and they are now matched specifically to the vehicle (use of vehicle, weight being hauled, amount of flex needed etc.. ) . All holes (which can weaken a frame) are accounted for as is the degree of hardness of each frame (that's why you cannot weld on them, you'll take the temper out of it) . I had to attend a class just on "frames" alone for heavy vehicles a few years back.