• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 inner door markings

maverick

A friend of mine has a M35 A1. The inside of the cab has never had a refurb since it left the military so we are assuming its original? On the inner drivers door are two markings, one is a reference to the cost of the vehice, I'm assuming its there to encourage the operator to look after the truck and the other is a check list / operator's instruction guide which looks like the ones you get in the PS mags.

Can anyone tell me more information, when did they start marking the trucks, was it just the Army or did every service mark them etc etc

Attachments

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I think it was the commanders of the units who would do this. I have a 1944 Navy K-38 linesmen trailer and it has a small brass plate screwed on to it that states "this cost $123.00, take care of it" . The cartoon info started as far as I know during WWII , early military training films had Pvt SNAFU as the star.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you can get a better pic of the decal and the dimentions, maybe Polverone can make some repros for you/us.