• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35 ldt465 multifuel fuel problem

mill1970

hello i have a m35 multifuel with the ldt465 engine i have a problem with fuel when i turn engine over there does not seem to be enought fuel coming out of the injectors and no smoke out off the exhaust pipe would the injection pump be u/s or is there any other thing i could try engine wont start ps does any one know where i can pick up another injection pump from if i need one thanks

poppop

If it has been a while since the truck was run then theres a good chance The fuel shut off rod in the pump is stuck. Follow the shutdown cable from the cab to the IP. There is a rectangular cover with two screws holding it on. Remove the cover and make sure the rod inside is sliding all the way towards the front of the engine. The cable shuts it down but a spring pulls it back in. If it is stuck, once you get it free and start the truck, there is a small chance the rack could also be stuck. When the engine is shut down the governor pulls the rack wide open trying to stay running. It can stick in that position so when you crank the truck it will run away with you. On that first start be prepared by having the transfer in high and the trans in high so you can dump the clutch while holding the brakes to shut it down. Ask me how I know that.:oops:

stumps

If you think that you are about to do something that might result in a run-away condition, remove the mushroom air horn first, and keep a piece of wood on hand that you can use to cover the air inlet, and choke off the air.

Do not try to choke off the air with your hand! That could result in broken bones.

-Chuck

Big CASE

I am have kine of the same thing happen to me . but my deuce was running good turn it off to refuel it and it would not start back up ?? and no I did not run it out of fuel . change all the the filters and re-primed it still have the same thing going on :confused: so I have checked the in tank pump all good there , looked down the tank looks good there , so i went back to the filters checking them again, the primary filter opened the valve too see want was coming out and got some water out of it ... so I hope that is it .. hope i got some Bad fuel , so-far the deuce is starting to act like itself again .